Four Rules of Gun Safety
1. Every Gun Is Loaded until you check it out yourself!
- Open the action when you pick up a gun
- Open the action before passing the gun to another hunter
2. Keep The Gun Pointed in a safe direction
- Look around and see who or what might be in the line of fire
- Always carry your gun pointed in a safe direction
- Unload and secure your gun when crossing an obstacle or difficult
3. Keep Your Finger Off the Trigger until you're ready to
- Keep all of your fingers behind the trigger guard
- Get into position & ready before you put your finger on
4. Be Sure of Your Target & what lies beyond it!
- Avoid hill top shots, or shots with an obscure background.
- Best backgrounds are hillsides or dirt banks free of big rocks.
- Identify your animal from tip (nose) to tail before you shoot.
Never shoot at a sound or movement.